Hansa C16 Brush Chipper
Hansa C16 Brush Chipper
- Self-feeding cutting action.
- Powered by 16HP Briggs and Stratton Vanguard engine - recoil start
- Large infeed chute allows full branches to flow into the machine. No pre-cutting necessary.
- Rotating outlet chute for 270° discharge with deflector. The positive locking system requires no tools.
- Easy starting with soft start technology.
- Twin beltdrive for smooth running and protection against shock load.
- Easy access to the knives and the inside of the housing, just by swinging back the outlet chute.
- Duratorque axle suspension.
- Quality powdercoated finish (media blasted surface for excellent adhesion).
- 12 month warranty.
- New Zealand made for New Zealand conditions.
Watch action video of Model C16:
Model C16 is suitable for lifestyle blocks, landscapers, orchards and hire centres.
Because of its compact design the machine is relatively light, easily manoeuvred and can be operated in areas with restricted space and access.
This disc type chipper is of solid construction with a chipping capacity of up to 100mm diameter branches, depending on the type of wood. The Chipper will process branch and brushy material and other vegetation material. Model C16 has a large inlet chute for feeding in bigger bundles of brushy and twiggy materials, vines and larger branches, therefore no precutting is necessary. The machine has a very efficient self feeding action. This 'self - feeding' action is due to the design of the rotor and the blade set-up, resulting in a user friendly machine easy on the operator. The inertia generated by the large rotor disk creates enough momentum to keep cutting as well as giving the machine enough draught to discharge the mulch up to 8m away (or close to the operating area by adjusting the deflector on the outlet chute). Having a discharge height of 1.5m makes Model C16 ideal for discharging onto a trailer, ute deck or truck, eliminating the need for any double handling of mulch.
By pivoting open the outlet chute this allows full access to the inside of the machine. This makes changing blades for sharpening simple and requires little effort. As with all of the larger Hansa chippers, adjustable blades eliminate the need to adjust the anvil after sharpening, giving the ability to adjust each blade individually to the anvil for optimal clearance. The blades will last anywhere up to 30 hours use before requiring sharpening, depending on the type of material being mulched.
Model C16 is powered by V-Twin 16HP Briggs and Stratton Vanguard engine, recoil start. The road towable chassis is fitted with duratorque suspension, for smooth towing.
|Weight (kg)||Height (mm)||Width (mm)||Length (mm)||Approx Capacity*|
|Trailer Model||341||1500||1250||2200||90 - 100 mm branches|
|Chip Size approx = 20mm
Inlet Size at Rotor = 170 x 220mm
Feed Rate = 0.4 - 0.8 meters per second
When you compare different makes of machines, be careful, as some manufacturers rate their capacity by the size of the opening, which is misleading. Through a 100mm opening you can practically feed only a 70mm branch.